Weekend Direct Care Staff
Looking to hire weekend direct care staff person to work with adults with intellectual / developmental disabilities.
We are looking for someone who is interested in working during weekend and residential hours (3PM to 8PM during work days). You will be assisting with activities of daily living and personal care of program participants necessary for their health and well-being.
$500 Hire Bonus
- Hourly rate based on experience and education.
- References required and a background check will be completed before hiring.
- 18 years or older and valid driver’s license required
- Residential schedule: Mornings (6-9am), Afternoons (3-8pm), Weekends, and Asleep Overnights.
- Full or Part time
- Potential live-in position available
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Per Diem RN
We are accepting applications for a Per Diem Overnight Registered Nurse (RN) to provide 1:1 support for a young woman with autism and a seizure disorder in a home environment. The Registered Nurse position is part time, 12 hour shifts. The shift is 7:30 PM- 7:30 AM shift and is an awake position in our North Canaan, CT location.
Since 1986, Stanton Home is a leading provider of residential and day services for adults with special needs in both Connecticut and Massachusetts. At Stanton Home we provide supports that enhance quality of life and encourage positive relationships.
Qualifications of the Registered Nurse
- Seizure experience or ER/CC experience preferred
- A CT RN license preferred, but MA and NY license may apply
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation competitive based on experience
- Benefits package including employer matched Simple IRA
- Paid Time Off for flexible use
- Time and a half paid for holidays
- Free meals during work
- Excellent work culture
Responsibilities of Position of the Registered Nurse:
- Registered Nurse (RN) will administer and monitor Program Participant’s medical needs in accordance with orders by prescribing physicians and medical professionals.
- Registered Nurse (RN) stays on shift until the next Registered Nurse arrives.
- Registered Nurse (RN) will attend and accomplish special training related to the needs of the Program Participant.
- Registered Nurse (RN) may make occasional trips to care for Program Participant when she is visiting her family home.Registered Nurse (RN) will attend to Program Participant needs related to hygiene and activities of daily living.
Job Types: Part-time
We believe that the most important thing in life is relationships. Everything else is how we give substance, value, and meaning to those relationships.
Volunteers assist with the needs of others and help around the house. Assisting with the needs of others can be giving someone a ride to a therapy or to day program, helping someone with personal care and hygiene, writing a letter, making a phone call, growing fresh greens, weaving a baby blanket or attending a play or concert. Our social awareness extends beyond the house, to neighbors, friends, and community needs, so we are active in recycling, community clean ups, etc. Assisting around the house includes opportunities to take leadership roles in doing repairs, cleaning, gardening, cooking, building, maintaining a compost bin and helping administratively. We are very flexible and aim to utilize individual strengths / interests to support our community so that as a group we can achieve results we can all enjoy.